I want to start this out by saying that yes, I do plan on trying to pan 17 different products by May, which is only four months away and I understand that it’s going to be a huge task but I’m ready to give it a try. I also saw someone do this, I can’t remember who so I can’t link to their video, but I really liked the idea of doing a project pan roulette, it sounded random, fun and a little bit challenging so that is what we will be doing. I can link you to the list that I used though, click here if you are interested in checking out the whole list.
What I did was I used a random number generator to chose the numbers and those are the ones that I went with, with the exception of one because I honestly didn’t have anything that fit into that. I plan on trying to use up all 17 products by May 18th. I am not putting myself on a no buy or low buy at all, I probably should but I really don’t want to do that, even though I am a bit of a hoarder as it is. I think my goal with this project is just to use things up, not for clearing out purpose but just because I want to use things up, hence why I won’t be putting myself on a no buy.
I will be doing one check in, I’ll do it in March, which will be half way through just because this is a shorter project and I don’t want to do monthly updates. So today, March and May will be when you get to see my progress for this project. I think that’s really all that I need to say about this, so let’s get into talking about the products that I plan on using up.
35. Non-Black Eyeliner: Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Cobalt. I settled on this one because I think this will be a fun pop of color to add to a look but it won’t be to hard to work in either. Percent Left: 100%
37. Maybelline Item: Maybelline Matte + Poreless Foundation In Porcelain. I could have picked a bunch of other items but I really want to work my way through this because I am almost done. Percent Left: 25%
3. Deluxe Sized Item: Smashbox Photofinish Primer. I have other primers that I want to use so I’m trying to get through this one. Percent Left: 75%
5. Drugstore Item: Maybelline Fit Me Powder in Porcelain. As you can see I have hit pan on this and I’m not sure if I love this powder so I am ready to use it up. Percent Left: 60%
50. Mac Product: Mac Strobe Cream. I only have two mac products and the other one is too new for me to want to focus on using up. I am excited to get through this though because I have had this for too long I feel. Percent Left: 25%
21. Something You Regret Purchasing: Wet N Wild Contouring Palette in Dulce De Leche. This is gorgeous, this powders are fantastic but I don’t contour so I really regret getting this because I barely ever use this. I think I’ll use the light side to set my face but I’m not sure what to do with the dark side. Percent Left: 90%
18. Something Purple: Nyx Bright Idea Illuminating Stick in Lavender Lust. This is such a subtle purple but it is purple so I totally think this counts. Percent Left: 95%
2. Product In A Palette: Lorac Pro Matte Eyeshadow Palette. A entire palette counts, right? Okay, I’m hoping to pan at least three shades in here, I already have one paned but that one doesn’t count. This is one of my favorite palettes and I will probably repurchase it, but I do want to use it up just because it seems like a challenge but the minimum goal is three eyeshadows. Percent Left: 75%
29. Full Sized Product: Maybelline Color Whisper in Made It Mauve. I love this and have had it for too long probably so I’m hoping that this one will be a breeze to use. Percent Left: 60%
44. Something Pink: Sephora Rouge Shine Lipstick in Love Spell. This is just a little baby I got in me sephora play box that I really like. Percent Left: 95%
51. Something Orange. Lush Bouncy Bunny Shower Jelly. This is orange and it smells like orange, so I think this fits perfect. Percent Left: 60%
48. Something You Want To Buy A Full Size Of/Repurchase: Wet N Wild Illumi-Naughty Highlighting and Concealing Pen in I-Vory Into You.
33. Chapstick/Lip Balm. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Berry. I love the formula of this but this color isn’t really a color for me, it’s a little too dark and it’s a little bit hard to use, but I want to finish this one up before I pick up the clear regular one. Percent Left: 95%
11. Something Hyped Up On Youtube. L’Oreal Pure Clay Mask. I can’t remember if I saw a ton of people talking about this on blogs or on youtube, but either way I think it fits well enough into this category. Percent Left: 50%
45. Skin Care Item. Lush Celebrate Body Lotion. It’s not a facial skin product but it is a skin product. The pot that I have is also either expired or on the verge of being expired, so I really want to focus on this before it starts really going off. Percent Left: 95%
41. Something You Haven’t Use in Over a Year: Colourpop Lippie Stix in Pinch. I just keep forgetting that I have this and grab for other things, this is a great product so I don’t know why I don’t use it but I will be using it this year. Percent Left: 75%
15: Something in a Previous Project Pan: Pink Warm and Cozy Body Mist. I don’t know how I haven’t finished this by now, I wear it so much and I have had for a long while now but it’s still going and in the semi annual sale I ended up getting another one in the set that I picked up. Oops? Percent Left: 25%
And those are all of the product that will have my attention for the next few months, of course I will be using other products because I am a hoarder and lover of makeup after all. I think this is going to be challenging but I think I can do it, or at the very least get through 10 of these products. Check back in a couple of months for an update on how I’m doing with the products in this post.