It’s time for another tag! I decided to do this tag after seeing it over on Quite Simply Stella‘s blog. I wasn’t exactly tagged to do this one but I wasn’t really not tagged either, meaning that post seemed like an open invite to tag yourself, which I love because I like doing tags and I’m probably going to do them anyway, but it’s nice feeling like you’ve been invited to do it. Anyway, enough rambling and into the tag.
1. What Was Your First Palette? Was the Urban Decay Book of Shadows III, I don’t think it was the original release of this palette but it was still the third one. I drooled over it ’cause I was like 16 and had no money, then my sister got it for me for Christmas and I was so excited. This was the first palette I ever used up an eyeshadow in and the palette that started my love of all things Sin.
2. Your Most Recent Purchase? I do not have either in my possession quite yet but I recently ordered two palettes. The first one is the Jeffree Star Androgyny Eyeshadow Palette, I still have mixed feelings about purchasing from the brand but I did cave and pick up three items because I just really wanted to try the products. The other is the BH Cosmetics Take Me Back To Brazil Eyeshadow Palette, I need no more makeup but I can’t help myself sometimes, I am a hoarder and have problems but I am excited to get my hands on so many fun shades of eyeshadow!
3. One That You Regret Missing Out On? The Anastasia Artist Palette , I feel like I would have had so much fun playing with this one but at the time I really didn’t know anything about the brand, so I missed out on this one.
4. One That Makes You Happy To Look At? This one was a weird one to me but I settled on the Tarte Swamp Queen Eye & Cheek Palette, mostly because I just really like looking at it, I like the overall design and I like Bunny so it makes me happy, even though I don’t use it quite as much anymore.
5. One That You’ve Changed Your Mind About? This one is a tough one, I feel like it’s for sure the Lorac Pro 3 though, I was obsessed with this one when I got it and I don’t think I hate it now but it’s just not something that excites me anymore, it’s kind of really eh.
6. One That Surprised you? We’re gonna talk about a highlight powder, the Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette, everyone talks about it and seems to love it but for some reason, I was expecting it to be really awful and it wasn’t, I’ve only used it a few times thus far but I am really into it.
7. One That Inspires You Most? Is it cheating if I pick my own Z Palette? If so then I think the NYX Brights Ultimate Shadow Palette is probably my most inspiring, it has so many colors for be such a little palette but it’s so colorful and I always have a fun time playing with it.
8. One On Your Wishlist? A bunch of things are my wishlist, I’m a makeup hoarder and lover, but I am trying to keep myself contained. Anyway, I think at the top of my list is the Pretty Vulgar Pretty Birdie Eyeshadow Palette.
9. Your No Fail Palette? This has to be the Anastasia Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette, I just find this one so easy to work with and if I’m in a hurry but want to do eyeshadow it’s just such a quick palette for me to put together a look with. Everyone seems to be a big fan of this palette and I can see why I am also a huge fan of it.
10. One You Regret Purchasing? I recently bought a fair amount of new products from new brands at Ulta, which you will see an upcoming post about, but one of the things I kind of regret and that’s the Lottie London The Rusts Eyeshadow Palette. It’s not super expensive or anything but it was just so disappointing, I’ve only used it a couple of times though so I guess I’m going to try it out a little bit more and see if I can make it work before passing it along or chucking it.
And that was my palette tag, I always really enjoy doing tags and if you enjoy doing tags you should do this one too! And tag me in it so I can see your answers.
What is your all time favorite palette?